Keep in touch!

Thanks so much for visiting my site! If you'd like to stay in touch, e-mail me and let me know you'd like to be included on my mailing list. I'll keep you up to date on new blog postings, updates, new music available (either streaming, or for purchase on CDBaby.com), and any other news!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Music Therapy Stories: Part II

Heart Surgery

A few years ago, some friends and I were invited to lead worship at a conference in Calgary. Two of us from the team were being billeted by a lovely couple from the host congregation. The gentleman had been expressing to us throughout the weekend how he and his wife had been enduring a very difficult few months. They were dealing with many issues so common to life in the twenty-first century: workplace stresses, time pressures, busy schedules, and most unfortunately, some strained friendships. It had left the couple very weary in body, soul and spirit.

My fellow musician and I decided that, when the conference was over, we would take our instruments and provide a little private "concert" for this couple in their own home. So, the Sunday morning following the conference, we did just that. While the husband performed culinary magic in the kitchen (I have never tasted a better omelette), and the wife sat quietly at the dining room table, we serenaded them with a mixture of worship songs and spontaneous music. We gave it our very all - just the same as if we would have had an audience of two thousand, rather than two. It was such a blessing to see this couple "drink in" the presence of the Lord and enjoy the ministry of the music and lyrics. Tears streamed down the wife's cheeks. When breakfast was ready to eat, and we had finished playing, the husband said to us, "You have no idea what you have done. I feel like the Lord has done heart surgery."

Another one of those "eureka" moments. I was so blessed and excited to have been able to make a difference in their life. What else in life really matters, except seeing the Lord's hand move upon others in His goodness and love? Nothing material could ever compare to that.

1 comment: