Keep in touch!

Thanks so much for visiting my site! If you'd like to stay in touch, e-mail me and let me know you'd like to be included on my mailing list. I'll keep you up to date on new blog postings, updates, new music available (either streaming, or for purchase on CDBaby.com), and any other news!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Fragrance of Spring



Hi Friends,

Spring has finally arrived in my fair city, and I couldn't be happier about the fact. After a barrage of snowstorms in April and early May, the present weather seems all the more wonderful. The apple trees and cherry bushes are now in full bloom and are filling the city with a fragrance delicately sweet and refreshing, both to the senses and to the soul.

Spring is the season of new life. Everything that lay dormant, bare and frozen, miraculously transforms into greenery, blooms and buds. It reminds me of what God desires us to have: life, and life abundantly (John 10:10). And what is life, but to know HIM -- our creator, our shepherd, our Abba Father. He wants us to know His nearness, like the warmth of the afternoon sun upon the face. He desires that we join with the songs of the joyful assembly of angels and saints gathered around the throne, just as the red-winged blackbirds, robins and house finches chime in sweet and ever-praising chorus outside my window. He wants to refresh us with His presence like the morning dew distilling on tender buds.

Oh Lord, how I desire YOUR life! Refresh the hearts of your saints, especially those who have been long enduring a spiritual winter, with your life-giving Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment