Keep in touch!

Thanks so much for visiting my site! If you'd like to stay in touch, e-mail me and let me know you'd like to be included on my mailing list. I'll keep you up to date on new blog postings, updates, new music available (either streaming, or for purchase on CDBaby.com), and any other news!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

They That Wait

Dear Friends,

I hope this note finds you well. 

I find myself in a time of testing; one that is, I am sure, meant to strengthen my resolve and my faith.  The last time I wrote, I mentioned a back injury that I sustained in 2008 had flared up again.  I am now on my third week dealing with this, and the last several days have literally been spent flat on my back for 22 hours per day.  I was seeing real improvement last week, but something happened on Saturday and it returned to full blown pain and stiffness by Monday morning.

I find myself clinging to Yeshua's Tzit-Tzit (the "hem of his garment," as is written in most English Bibles).  My natural self wants to get frustrated, as this is one of the most crucial times in my life; being in the middle of this CD recording which I really feel is God inspired.  I would say to myself, "I have too much to do to be laying around for weeks on end like this! Time is ticking!"  And yet, inside, the Spirit whispers to me "Trust ME.  Wait on ME and I will renew your strength."  And so goes the epic battle between the flesh and the spirit; the natural eyes and the spiritual eyes.  There is no better crucible of learning than being in a position of utter and total dependance on God.  When you can't even bend over to put your socks on, or drive to the grocery store to get milk, that is pretty dependant!

Every morning I must wake up and tell myself, "Choose you this day, who will you serve. Who will you believe?"  The crux of the situation is that, HIS WORD must be what we base our faith on.  His word is true, it is infallible, it is eternal.  And perhaps I am enduring this trial merely to solidify the theme on which my CD is based....that Yahweh is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in time of trouble.  That HE is the name on which we call.  That we look heavenward, not earthward for our strength.  A good time to practice what I am preaching :-)

And so, as I close for this morning, I speak to myself these words from Isaiah chapter 40:

"The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

-Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, your post is really moving...I cried when I read it. My beautiful daughter has been in pain for 6 months, some days have been better than others, it's been a difficult journey for both of us; but God has spoken the same comforting words: TRUST ME! her joints have turned stiff, her hands of artist have been in pain, she can walk, she can move, but sometimes she feels like an old lady. Like an olive is pressed down to turn into oil, God has turned her pain into that myrr Esther anointing. Yes, God has a purpose in everything, even in unwanted situations, but we learn to dwell in Him, instead in our circumstances. God Bless you and keep you strong in His might.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Angelica,
    I am so blessed that Adonai used my post to encourage you. Stand strong in the power of HIS might. I pray for your daughter that in the midst of this trial, her faith would come through as pure gold...but also that Yeshua would pour His healing balm upon her body and soul, restoring her completely.
    May Abba grant you His grace and shalom!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete