Keep in touch!

Thanks so much for visiting my site! If you'd like to stay in touch, e-mail me and let me know you'd like to be included on my mailing list. I'll keep you up to date on new blog postings, updates, new music available (either streaming, or for purchase on CDBaby.com), and any other news!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blog Changes and Additions

Hi all,

I apologize if my blog goes a bit wacky from time to time in the next few days. I am adding some stand alone pages (see the tabs on the top of the blog, under the header bar). These pages will give you information about me, my vision, projects, and testimonials about my music. Essentially, this is information that I planned to include on my website, but I'm finding that I just haven't had the time to finish my website!  Too many things to do, too little time.  Moreover, in the time since I registered my domain name, Blogger has improved its functionality to include things that I would have had to do manually on my website.  This might actually eliminate the need to create a separate website, until such time as I need to use features like e-commerce, etc.  I have found that authoring my own site from scratch is just too time consuming for updates and changes (not to mention manually checking links, HTML code, etc.).  Blogs are just so much easier to keep current than a website that's designed manually, and if I can't keep a website current, there's not much point in having one!  So, in the end, I may just have my web address link back to this blog.  When all is said and done, I don't want to be spending more time trying to keep a website current than I spend actually composing, playing and recording!  And right now, I have to say that I am spending more time with technical things than with music -- so enough is enough!  In the next weeks, if I find that it's more efficient just to use this blog as my main portal of communication, that's what I'm going to do.

I'm also going to be fiddling with the design/layout of this blog, so if you notice anything that looks weird, hang in there -- I'll have it fixed soon!

Thanks for your patience!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment