Keep in touch!

Thanks so much for visiting my site! If you'd like to stay in touch, e-mail me and let me know you'd like to be included on my mailing list. I'll keep you up to date on new blog postings, updates, new music available (either streaming, or for purchase on CDBaby.com), and any other news!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

CD Update

Dear Friends,

I've been wanting to update you on my CD progress for some time now, but these last few weeks have been extremely busy.  I've been very occupied playing at several events throughout the month of September, as well as writing some string arrangements for a friend who is releasing a new album this coming December.  Most recently, I played at a conference in Northwest Calgary.  What a beautiful time of year to be in the foothills of the Rockies!  The expanses of golden leaved trees and ruddy prairie sagebrushes contrasted against the bright blue autumn sky and snow dusted mountains made for some spectacular scenery. Even driving through Calgary was almost pleasant (I never though I would hear myself saying THAT!), with the leaves falling and dancing allover 14th Street SW towards Canyon Meadows.

My keyboard was in the repair shop this last week -- yet another unforseen delay!  I picked up the piano last night, and everything looks to be fine at the moment, so I intend to start laying down tracks next week, Lord willing.  There are always delays, hurdles to jump over, and bugs to fix...but this WILL get done.

Inbetween the busyness and rushing around of the last few weeks, I have been using my spare moments to run through the pieces for my CD, writing down notes for instrumentation and arrangement.  Every time I pull out the guitar or harp and start singing through the pieces, I get very excited to see my vision come to fruition.  But, inbetween now and then, lies some very hard work! 

In my spare moments between now and the release of the full length CD next spring, I intend on releasing an EP of my favorite solo piano compositions from the last 15 years.  I believe I will entitle it "Beginnings," after one of my first publically performed works, released in 1997.  I have not yet decided if I will produce this as an online album only, through CD Baby and iTunes, or if I will do a short-run print of a limited amount of CDs as well.  I will let time and schedule dictate that.  Stay tuned! :)

Until next time,
Melissa



concept artwork for solo piano EP

No comments:

Post a Comment